- A Programmer - from Java to Python
- A Software Engineer - from Waterfall to Agile
- A Project Manager - from Control to Culture
- A Data Scientist - from Inference to Exploration
- A Systems Thinker - from Systems to Systems of Systems (SoS)
- wcj = my initials
- 365 = 360 + 5
- 365 = days/year (steady)
- 360 = degrees/circle (systemic)
- 5 = fingers/hand (simple)
Simplicity defines me.
- D.Sc. in IS and Comm., Robert Morris University, PA
- MBA in Finance, Loyola University Maryland, MD
- MS in Statistics, The University of Toledo, OH
- MA in Economics, The University of Toledo, OH
- BE in MIS, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- No BS
- Principal Systems Engineer at MITRE Corp. since 2016
- Program Chief Engineer at Lockheed Martin Corp. from 2006 to 2016
- Vice President of Product Development at Regent Education, Inc. from 2013 to 2016
- Experiences in public sector, private sector, and academia
- Adjunct Instructor, Data Science Graduate Programs, Univ. of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
- DATA 690 - Statistical Analysis and Data Visualization
- Corporate Faculty, Healthcare Informatics, Harrisburg Univ. of Science & Technology
- HCIN 541 - Healthcare Systems
Teaching = Learning = Growing = Giving = Living
- I put practice above PowerPoint and philosophy over physics.
- I show students how I learn - copy and paste, trials and errors.
- I offer neither fishes nor fishing gears.
- The Internet is the biggest fish pond and Google is the best fishing gear.
Curiocity may kill a cat, it sure makes a student.
- International Association for Computer Information Systems (IACIS)
- International Council of Systems Engineering (INCOSE)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- SAFe Agilist (SA), Scaled Agile, Inc.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute
- Certified Java Programmer, Oracle
- Best Paper Award, MakeLearn & TIIM International Conference, Piran, Solvenia, 2019
- Various Awards, The MITRE Corporateion since 2016
- Honor Award, Lockheed Martin Corporation, 2008
- Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Patient-Centered Healthcare (IJPCH), IGI Global
- Editorial Review Board, Issues in Information Systems (IIS), International Association for Computer Information Systems (IACIS)
- Explore Health Information Exchanges using Systems of Systems Framework (2020), International Journal of Applied Research on Public Health Management (IJARPHM), Volume 5, Issue 2. (download)
- From Artificial to Emotional Intelligence: Integrating Five Types of Intelligence to Achieve Organizational Excellence (2019), International Journal of Management, Knowledge and Learning (IJMKL), Volume 8, Issue 2. (download)
- The Yin and Yang of a Doctor of Science in Information Systems and Communications Program (2019), Issues in Information Systems (IIS), Volume 20, Issue 2. (download)
- The Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats Analysis of Big Data Analytics in Healthcare (2019), International Journal of Big Data and Analytics in Healthcare (IJBDAH), Volume 4, Issue 1. (download)
- Integrating Data Analytics and Knowledge Management: A Conceptual Model (2018), Issues in Information Systems, Volume 19, Issue 2. (download)
- The Yin and Yang of A Doctoral Program – Personal Reflections & Reverse Engineering (October 2019), 59th IACIS Annual Conference, Clearwater Beach, FL, USA. (download)
- From AI to EI - Integrating Five Types of Intelligence to Achieve Organizational Excellence (May 2019), MakeLearn & TIIM International Conference, Piran, Slovenia. (download)
- Integrating Data Analytics & Knowledge Management - A Conceptual Model (October 2018), 58th IACIS Annual Conference, Clearwater Beach, FL, USA. (download)
data science projects
- Dialysis Dashboard with Tableau
- Dialysis Dashboard with Python
- Dialysis Dashboard Data Preparation with Jupyter Notebooks in Kaggle
- Hospital Readmissions with Jupyter Notebooks
- Business Schools and Program Accreditation - Python Webscraping